Committed to Developing and Growing Junior Golf
JUNIOR GOLF AUSTRALIA have spent the last 10 years establishing a comprehensive pathway for kids taking them from beginners to proficient 18 hole players. This Junior Development Program has been established by Leigh Hunter. The program has in excess of 450 participants and more than 100 of those participants have junior memberships at local golf clubs.
Prior to that, Leigh's amateur and professional golf history includes:
- Junior Golf Member 1978-82
- ACT Representative for two years as a junior both CHS School Sport and District Representative 1981 & 82
- 10 Amateur titles
- Golf Apprenticeship 1983-85
- Australian Trainee Champion 1983
- 27 professional wins
- 6 course records
- 12 years on the Australasian Tour
- Coached at Moore Park Sydney for 6 years
- Developed his own junior golf program from 2005 to present.
In it's first 24 months Junior Golf Australia has achieved:
Results: Our junior development squad have won a mix of over 150 individual male and female junior opens, nine hole events, club events.
Development: We have established a junior encourage golf team at a course that has never had a junior base and or a resident golf professional. What is more exciting is that we’ve also established a team of girls who could also form their own encourage shield team.
We have tried to implement other 'Junior Development Programs' but none could match the results that our program achieves in terms of attracting and retaining Juniors.